So much for writing a daily blog. My sister arrived from Australia and since then I've been sidetracked. But, I have a day off work and Sis and Dad are having some quality time so I get to catch up on a few things - blog included.
I've got a new job. My existing job is a cracker and I couldn't ask for any more from employer or job but there are other fall backs ; the two and a half hour commute for a start(that's round trip not each way) With an 8am clock-in, I need to be up a 5.30 everyday. That's the middle of the night isn't it? The car share cuts down on the fuel costs but I find it difficult to be sociable first thing in the morning. Ontop of all that rising fuel prices and the threat of a pay as you travel road tax are looming and I could find myself in a position where I can't afford to go to work. Oh, and the factory is up for sale.
I was only half looking due to the perfect job situation, but if an reasonable offer came up closer to home then it would be brilliant. A friend mentioned that there may be a job going at her place and to send my CV etc. Duly sent my CV but didn't really think that anything would come of it, even when they asked my to come in for a chat. But, as of last Friday, I've got a new job. Now I have the ominous task of telling my boss.
Ironically, I used to work for the same guy (same company) and handed my notice in to travel the world. He changed jobs and asked if I would like to go back and work with him and of course I did or I wouldn't be handing my notice in - again. Even though I have the day of today, I am thinking about popping up to work and doing the deed.
Anyway, my original plan today was to do some gardening (yawn) but it's just a bit mess of sand and bags of soil at the moment. So far, rain has saved the day and I can't do thing. Might go to the garden centre and have a coffee. Ease myself in gently. Best way with gardening. This particular garden centre is a mecca for old people and I've become quite deft at dodging the coffin dodgers. Mind you, a few years ago, I wouldn't have even entertained visiting a garden centre on my day off.
I s'pose I'd better hop on the shower and make a start on my day.
I've got a new job. My existing job is a cracker and I couldn't ask for any more from employer or job but there are other fall backs ; the two and a half hour commute for a start(that's round trip not each way) With an 8am clock-in, I need to be up a 5.30 everyday. That's the middle of the night isn't it? The car share cuts down on the fuel costs but I find it difficult to be sociable first thing in the morning. Ontop of all that rising fuel prices and the threat of a pay as you travel road tax are looming and I could find myself in a position where I can't afford to go to work. Oh, and the factory is up for sale.
I was only half looking due to the perfect job situation, but if an reasonable offer came up closer to home then it would be brilliant. A friend mentioned that there may be a job going at her place and to send my CV etc. Duly sent my CV but didn't really think that anything would come of it, even when they asked my to come in for a chat. But, as of last Friday, I've got a new job. Now I have the ominous task of telling my boss.
Ironically, I used to work for the same guy (same company) and handed my notice in to travel the world. He changed jobs and asked if I would like to go back and work with him and of course I did or I wouldn't be handing my notice in - again. Even though I have the day of today, I am thinking about popping up to work and doing the deed.
Anyway, my original plan today was to do some gardening (yawn) but it's just a bit mess of sand and bags of soil at the moment. So far, rain has saved the day and I can't do thing. Might go to the garden centre and have a coffee. Ease myself in gently. Best way with gardening. This particular garden centre is a mecca for old people and I've become quite deft at dodging the coffin dodgers. Mind you, a few years ago, I wouldn't have even entertained visiting a garden centre on my day off.
I s'pose I'd better hop on the shower and make a start on my day.
DAILY SUMMARY
- WEATHER: It's raining, it's pouring
- PANTS: Cheeky monkey at the moment, but just about to get in thr shower so I'll be able to treat myself to some clean ones !
No comments:
Post a Comment