Handed in my notice yesterday. Held it together and all went smoothly until he scribbled D leaves and then I burst into tears.
I'll really miss it there, but then, om the way home today, I was stuck in traffic as the world and his wife made a B-line for the west country reality set in and I was very happy with the decision. Walking to work and back. Absolutely no reason to get stuck in a jam. Only have to slow down to window shop or go to the pub on the way home.
With all this extra time this new job is going to give me, I'm going to do something new. Perhaps an art class or a new sport. I could even get an extra job in the evening to pay of my credit cards. Perhaps that's pushing it.
No work tomorrow. I'm having some quality time with my sister. It's only a week and a half until she goes back. The strangest thing about having her here is that it almost like she has never been away. She pops in for a coffee, dividing her time up between here and mum and dad's slotting in a few other visits wherever possible.
It's when I come to say goodbye to her again. That's when it's going to hit hard. I wonder when I'll see her again? Next year? The year after? I dearly love seeing her but feel a little bit of resentment at having to commit every holiday (and every penny) to going to Australia. I chose to live close to the people I want to see so I can see them. It would be great to set up life somewhere exotic but I suppose different things are important to different people. Committing all my 'spare' income on going to the other side of the world is a hell or a committment. Selfishly, I would like to take holiday somewhere new. A good solution would be a half way holiday. Quality time, not so far on the plane. Thailand maybe ?
Anyway off roller skating along the sea front now.
Daily summary
I'll really miss it there, but then, om the way home today, I was stuck in traffic as the world and his wife made a B-line for the west country reality set in and I was very happy with the decision. Walking to work and back. Absolutely no reason to get stuck in a jam. Only have to slow down to window shop or go to the pub on the way home.
With all this extra time this new job is going to give me, I'm going to do something new. Perhaps an art class or a new sport. I could even get an extra job in the evening to pay of my credit cards. Perhaps that's pushing it.
No work tomorrow. I'm having some quality time with my sister. It's only a week and a half until she goes back. The strangest thing about having her here is that it almost like she has never been away. She pops in for a coffee, dividing her time up between here and mum and dad's slotting in a few other visits wherever possible.
It's when I come to say goodbye to her again. That's when it's going to hit hard. I wonder when I'll see her again? Next year? The year after? I dearly love seeing her but feel a little bit of resentment at having to commit every holiday (and every penny) to going to Australia. I chose to live close to the people I want to see so I can see them. It would be great to set up life somewhere exotic but I suppose different things are important to different people. Committing all my 'spare' income on going to the other side of the world is a hell or a committment. Selfishly, I would like to take holiday somewhere new. A good solution would be a half way holiday. Quality time, not so far on the plane. Thailand maybe ?
Anyway off roller skating along the sea front now.
Daily summary
- WEATHER: Sunshine and fluffy white clouds
- PANTS: red and yellow stripes
- MOOD: Not particularly good but no reason
No comments:
Post a Comment