How long do I give a new job before I deide it's not quite my cuppa?
So far in my life I have had around 30 jobs and I was really hopiong that job 30 (of whichever one it is) would be a real keeper.
Essentially, I like it. The other people in the office are nice and the work is nice, but there's not much of it. And althougth I check my mail like everyone else, I really don't feel I can just sit a surf the net if I dont have much on. Especially as I have only been there a month. So that leaves me with one option. Trying to look busy when I'm not. And that has got to be so mch harder than actually being properly busy.
I don't think it helped that today everyone else was really busy so I didn't want to pester everyone else asking for things to do - because 1, it justs adds to their workload and 2, it's going to piss them off if they 're rushing around like blue arsed flies.
On balance - how bad can it be. There's no doubt that being unsettled at work is only contributing to my gloomy state of mind at the moment!
I'm not running today because I've had a bit of a cold and want it to shift so I can get a few miles under my belt. The Illminster 10k is only a couple of weeks away so the last thing I want is to be battling with a cold and squeezing in last minute preparation.
DAILY SUMMARY
So far in my life I have had around 30 jobs and I was really hopiong that job 30 (of whichever one it is) would be a real keeper.
Essentially, I like it. The other people in the office are nice and the work is nice, but there's not much of it. And althougth I check my mail like everyone else, I really don't feel I can just sit a surf the net if I dont have much on. Especially as I have only been there a month. So that leaves me with one option. Trying to look busy when I'm not. And that has got to be so mch harder than actually being properly busy.
I don't think it helped that today everyone else was really busy so I didn't want to pester everyone else asking for things to do - because 1, it justs adds to their workload and 2, it's going to piss them off if they 're rushing around like blue arsed flies.
On balance - how bad can it be. There's no doubt that being unsettled at work is only contributing to my gloomy state of mind at the moment!
I'm not running today because I've had a bit of a cold and want it to shift so I can get a few miles under my belt. The Illminster 10k is only a couple of weeks away so the last thing I want is to be battling with a cold and squeezing in last minute preparation.
DAILY SUMMARY
- WORK: Dull as you like
- WEATHER: Calm (but def before the storm - winter is on it's way)
- MOOD: Non descript. Very hungary!
No comments:
Post a Comment