Anyway, I've said over the last few weeks that if things didn't shape up that would be it. If we didn't have a normal relationship by my birthday, then there's no way that I would entertain carrying on for another year.
The week before my birthday, 2 things happened that made me really tin, do i want to be worth this person, who after a few drinks calls up and insults me and sends insulting texts to me? Or someone who hasn't told anyone about me for three years - does it actually make any difference now? Someone who doesn't trust me or believe what I say? And I don't. even now, he firmly believes that the only reason I don't want to be with him is because I am with someone else. And that just makes me even more resolute to not reply.
On Thursday, I have a request to go for an interview for a job in Switzerland and one of my close friend tells me she's pregnant. My life could move forward, but has stood still for years waiting for this man to sort his sh*t out and proof that other peoples life is moving forward. Both of those things were like signs to move on. So I stopped calling and returning his emails. Why bother finishing with him when he ignores me and will carry on like I haven't said anything. Then because I don't test, the insulting texts start coming in. All I could think was that I had made the right decision. Why would I wasn't to be with anyone who thought so low of me to write these things and someone who 'loves me' wouldn't speak to me like that. Proof I'd made the right decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment